The 2013 business strategy outlined evolving the operational model to encompass an integrated serviced housing and ageing in-place capability. Across both pillars of the business the challenge was to define and implement supporting technology whilst increasing collaboration and productivity.
- An IT Strategy Roadmap was developed by IT Integrity to enable this objective including all aspects of;
- Technical architecture
- Vendor management and selection
- Implementation of Infrastructure and Application layer changes
- Support & maintenance
A solution was defined enabling full hands-free communication to improve the quality of care for residences and streamline daily processes. Integration to the nurse call system was enabled so patients could easily page staff members. An electronic medication system and mobile clinical system was implemented for point in time documentation.
This strategy clearly mapped the path for the systems whilst upgrading the infrastructure of the environment to MS Azure for full DR, identity management, and monitoring.
- 99% Decrease in medication error incident rates
- Increased staff productivity
- Increased lifestyle standards for residents across both pillars of the business
- Data protection and resident confidentiality
- Infrastructure resiliency