CEO Nigel Faull joined Start Gardens with the determination to uplift the No. of beds by 47% and the number of support staff by 30% to regain a profitable position for the organisation.
He quickly realised that the current business was in a worse than expected financial position, utilising a lack of IT resources, and as are result had a very low staff morale. The three-year business plan became a one year critical path to solve core business issues.
IT Integrity was engaged to define the intersection between business strategy and technology, within the financial constraints. An implementation path of a new clinical information, medications management, HR and payroll, and accounting suite, was subsequently developed.
The solution centered around human capital improvements to increase productivity and attract and retain the right talent to the organisation. After the relevant industry research IT Integrity assisted Star Gardens in the implementation of a system that had full e-management of clinical records, palm scan-based timesheet entries, handsfree communication across nurse calling and daily duty checklists.
This was all achieved within the 12 month timeframe.
- Engaged workforce with a proven increase in the ability to attract and retain staff
- $327,000 in savings across productivity and staff churn within the following 2 years.
- Increased morale rating
The 2013 business strategy outlined evolving the operational model to encompass an integrated serviced housing and ageing in-place capability. Across both pillars of the business the challenge was to define and implement supporting technology whilst increasing collaboration and productivity.
- An IT Strategy Roadmap was developed by IT Integrity to enable this objective including all aspects of;
- Technical architecture
- Vendor management and selection
- Implementation of Infrastructure and Application layer changes
- Support & maintenance
A solution was defined enabling full hands-free communication to improve the quality of care for residences and streamline daily processes. Integration to the nurse call system was enabled so patients could easily page staff members. An electronic medication system and mobile clinical system was implemented for point in time documentation.
This strategy clearly mapped the path for the systems whilst upgrading the infrastructure of the environment to MS Azure for full DR, identity management, and monitoring.
- 99% Decrease in medication error incident rates
- Increased staff productivity
- Increased lifestyle standards for residents across both pillars of the business
- Data protection and resident confidentiality
- Infrastructure resiliency